Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stuff I liked in 2005

HOPE OF THE STATES - NEHEMIAH

KASABIAN - CLUB FOOT

RAZORLIGHT - VICE

STELLATARR* - MY CO CO

BASEMENT JAXX - GOOD LUCK

THE UNICORNS - I WAS BORN A UNICORN

THE SOUNDS - SEVEN DAYS A WEEK

THE ZUTONS - YOU WILL YOU WON'T

MYLO - DROP THE PRESSURE


The soundtrack to what seems to have been my very misguided 2005. But let me explain. Between 2004 and 2005 I was living abroad in Ireland and finding good music without the internets and TV was not easily done, and truly was not always a main priority. So my main source of "new" music came in the form of nights out clubbing which usually resulted in up tempo music making top of the list or being unable to remember other good tunes. My other source for sounds was "Red FM", the pop radio station that played over the PA at work all day long. Cutting edge music to me soon came in the form of unrealeased Natasha Bedinfield tracks and Damian Rice doing Radiohead covers. There was also the guy at work who would charge me 5 euros to rip an album offline. Which resulted in me briefly doing my best to seek out new stuff at the Internet Cafe, returning with a note pad worth of albums that had good talk going for them, but I had not heard yet. I usually could afford to get 5 cd's a week from "my guy", none the less pairing the list down was about the epitome of stess and second guessing. But I made do and had a blast as I danced to Razorlight and The Sounds and The Zutons and Kasabian and Natash Bedinfield and easily chose, without blinking an eye, to see Snow Patrol at a club instead of an outdoor Daft Punk show. Enjoy.

Rating: *******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment